antsclass

sharing our class with the world!

School Captain speeches

August13

Each year in Term 3 we elect the school captains for the next year.

Now is your chance to use the skills you have been learning in class masters to convince your teachers and peers of all your wonderful qualities that would go towards you becoming an important leader of our school.

Each year 5 student is expected to prepare and present a speech to the 5-6 students outlining their strengths as a leader and what they would bring to the role of school captain.

The criteria and process for becoming school captain are outlined in this document:

School Captains Application and Selection Process

Please download it and read it to get an idea of what you might write.

Speeches will be presented in Week 8 of term (from 4-8 September).

All speeches should be emailed to your teacher before the 4th of September, and posted on your blog after you have presented it.

Feel free to speak to your teacher, this year’s captains or last year’s short-listed candidates if you would like advice on creating an outstanding application.

12 Comments to

“School Captain speeches”

1. August 19th, 2017 at 12:17 am      Reply alexia2016 Says:

Hi ant could you post a link to Alexis’ blog, I would like to read her school captain speech. I’ve been trying to find her blog but had no luck. I would really appreciate it.

Alexia

2. August 23rd, 2017 at 2:09 am      Reply Emily Says:

hi ant,
    is it possible if you could tell me or email me the people who were short listed.

thanks Emily X

• August 27th, 2017 at 11:04 am      Reply antsclass Says:

Alexia,
      as far as I remember, Brynn, Lilly, Phoebe, Oliver and Jack Kilpatrick were all short-listed for an interview. Please talk to them. They will have wonderful insight to the process, and may also remember if there is someone I have forgotten
      Ant

3. August 30th, 2017 at 12:48 am      Reply Alexia Says:

Hi ant,
    I was wondering if you could give me Melissa’s (one of the previous school captains) blog link

Thanks
    Alexia

4. August 30th, 2017 at 2:08 am      Reply zedekai2016 Says:

how do you submit school captain speeches?
    just need to find out
    thanks Ant
    Zede

5. August 30th, 2017 at 2:32 am      Reply Emily Says:

Sorry we were wondering what melina’s blog is
    thanks
    Emily & Alexia

6. August 30th, 2017 at 2:35 am      Reply emilyx2016 Says:

sorry we meant melina’s blog
    thanks
    Emily & Alexia

7. August 30th, 2017 at 4:45 am      Reply Emily Says:

Thanks anyway ant we appreciate it.
    Alexia and Emily

8. September 3rd, 2017 at 12:15 am      Reply Emily Says:

hi ant, my email is not working so i can’t send my school captain speech. So what should i do?
    Emily x

Email will not be published

Website example